There are some ways to change the values of your PHP settings. The easiest way is through your site htaccess or adding php.ini in your site directory.
The first thing you need to know is the PHP info. To know the PHP default values just create/upload a file in your site folder containing the phpinfo() code/function then load it in your browser.
1. Create a file in your local then name it as “myphpinfo.php”.
2. Insert/Paste the following code
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
3. Upload the file inside your “public_html” folder
4. Go to your browser address bar then type
Note: Once you are done checking the values you need it is recommended to delete this file from your site.
To change the PHP values:
1. Create “.htaccess” file in your local.
Important: If there is already an .htaccess file in your site it is recommended to use it and just edit from your local.
2. Insert the code in your htaccess depending on what you want to change.
Increase the upload size value:
php_value upload_max_filesize 20M
php_value post_max_size 20M
php_value max_input_time -1
Increase memory limit:
php_value memory_limit 256M
Increase max execution time:
php_value max_execution_time 300
3. After making the changes in your htaccess you can upload/replace the file in your site.