phpMyAdmin is used to manage your databases with BryZar hosting. This tutorial will show you the basics for working with phpMyAdmin.
Before working in phpMyAdmin, we recommend having a full database backup. If you aren’t familiar with working in a database, you may want to practice on a development site first.
Where to Find and Log In to phpMyAdmin
- https://(your domain)/phpmyadmin/
- Log in with the username and password you set up when creating the database. This was emailed to you.
How to Import a Database
- Once logged in to your phpMyAdmin select your database on the left that you want to import into. *If you import into a current database with data, your data will be overwritten!
- Click “Import” in the top right menus.
- Under “File to Import” click the “Browse” button and select the file to upload (must be gzip, bzip2 or tar).
- Click “Go” at the bottom of the page to start the import.
*Note: It can take time for the import to finish depending on the size of the database being imported. A notice will show you when it’s completed.
How to Export a Database
- Once logged in to your phpMyAdmin select your database on the left that you want to export.
- Click “Export” in the top right menus.
- Select the tables that you want to export or click “Select All” to choose all of the tables to export. *To see this, you may need to select “Custom” from the “Export Method.”
- For “Output” choose to “Save Output to a File” if you want to download this database (recommended). You can name the file and choose the compression (we choose gzip).
- Leave the rest of the selections as default.
- Click “Go” at the bottom of the page to start the export.
One thought on “Working with Databases in phpMyAdmin”
Comments are closed.