The Free E-mail Service is to provide managed hosting clients with simple e-mail services. You can use it to host your e-mail. We suggest to use this service for basic purposes only ( eg. e-mail verification). For more robust e-mail services please consider using hosted mail services (Zoho, Google, etc).
Free E-Mail Service Features:
- 5gb storage
- 10 domains
- 10 email accounts per domain
- DKIM Support
- Email Forwarding
- Catchall Email
Setting up your free e-mail service
To manage your email simply log in to your assigned mail server. You received log in information when you added a server to your account.
How to get to your mail server:
- Go to your client dashboard and click “Manage Mail.”
- Click “Manage email accounts.”
Once you are logged in to the mail server please follow the steps:
1. Add your domain here Web > Add domain, see our tutorial with screenshots.
2. Add email accounts Mail > yourdomain.com > Add Account
3. Fill in the details for the email account you want, password (or let it generate a password), etc. To the right will be your mail details. Copy these down for your use and make a note of the password as this is not emailed to you. Click “Add” when done.
4. If you host your DNS with us, the DNS records should already be added in Manage DNS. If you don’t host your DNS with us, add the DNS records to your DNS at your domain registrar (such as Godaddy). These are found in the client dashboard at the bottom of the manage email page. (client dashboard > manage > email) *See screenshots at the start of this tutorial for how to get to the manage email page.
After adding the records please be patient and wait for the DNS changes to propagate. Usually propagation is within 24 hours or up to 72 hours.
Note: You can also access the mail server via VestaCP:
vestacp > mail > yourdomain.com > list accounts
From the Vesta control panel you can add/update/delete email accounts.
Logging in to the Inbox
Go to client dashboard > manage mail > webmail
Then you can login using your email account you set up before.
Sending Newsletters or Mass/Bulk Email
When sending newsletters or mass/bulk emails, we recommend using our SMTP service
- Our Free Email Service is provided to clients with active paid services only.
- We do not allow bulk/mass emailing.
- We do not allow spam. Your account will be deleted without prior notice.
- Sending limit is 5 per minute.
- Email/Attachment size is 20mb
We are not responsible for any hacks or data loss. Please backup your files or emails. We do not guarantee anything on the Free Email Service.